Wednesday 13 August 2014

Sales doubled in August!!

It is pretty, isn't it!


A bird lover on her honeymoon...
In July I sold two books; one to my wonderful, very beautiful and lifelong friend Mary (she’s in the acknowledgments) and one to someone else – possibly my oldest pal Mart who features in the book three times... and his shop, The Bike Shed (Wales) gets a gratuitous mention too. Why wouldn’t it, its demonstrably the best bike shop in Cardiff, in Wales and quite possibly the universe!
One of these men knows about I.T. and one...doesn't!

Now I’ve sold two more... One to Javi, who had a hand in getting the bugger published (he’s mentioned in the ackies too – Super Techie!) but being a monoglot Spanish speaker, won’t be able to read it. He just felt it would be a good thing to have, an investment, and he says it looks really cool. He should know, he’s seen it – you and I haven’t.

Then the Belgian wanted one but couldn’t download it onto his non-Kindle i-book. We did a deal; I’m open to deals. Unlimited use of his washing machine while I’m living in my van this summer... So then we had some beer to seal the deal! A proper Belgian amount of beer.
The next morning he had a proper Belgian beer hangover and I didn’t; as I was leaving with my washing, I stopped in the doorway to chat some more – this is Spain and it’s rude to leave when you say you’re going... about twenty minutes later is a good average. As I stood there the cat ran out, the Belgian chased the cat and the unattended door slammed shut.
No keys, 
No cat,
No shoes,
No mobile,
No nothing.

Thus the book cost the Belgian the eighty Euros the locksmith charged to open the door. Expensive reading – and he won’t understand it either!

You, on the other hand, can read the book at these prices...

No comments:

Post a Comment